Now that the meme's basically dead (I think) . . .
1. The first concert I ever saw was Kiss. . . . the opening band? Bob Seager.
2. The first reading I ever organized was for Ron Silliman at Bridge Street in 1988. He read from What for a crowd of 50. He wore a Jesse Jackson for president button.
3. I don't really smoke cigarettes. It's all done with mirrors.
4. The line I sometimes use in my piece "Snips," at readings, that inevitably gets a huge laugh, "If it's not sex, why are you thinking about it" is stolen from Kevin Davies.
5. I don't have a B.A. but do have an M.F.A., thanks to Carolyn Forché.